Redeemed – from what, with what, and so what?
- From What?
- With What? And
- So What?
To be “REDEEMED” – means to be “ransomed” – set free!
REDEMPTION is all about GOD’S REDEEMING LOVE.
To be REDEEMED means TO BE SET FREE BY MEANS OF A PAYMENT.
- A REPURCHASE
- A BUYING BACK
- A REPAYMENT.
The picture is of a SLAVE or a PRISONER OF WAR–someone WHO COULD NOT FREE HIMSELF FROM HIS CAPTIVITY… A ransom payment brings them release.
REDEMPTION is the story of this BOOK, from cover to cover.
There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible.
“Only 4 of them don’t involve a fallen world: the first 2 and the last 2–BEFORE THE FALL and AFTER THE CREATION OF THE NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH.
The rest is the chronicle of THE TRAGEDY OF SIN.”
Sometimes people write things off as BEYOND REDEMPTION; in other words BEYOND HOPE. But God’s arm is not shortened that it cannot save. No one is beyond redemption, while they have breath and a heart to believe and receive.
REDEEMED – FROM WHAT?
1 Peter 1:18-19
(18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Redeemed from sin’s brokenness… from a yain course of life…
Our SIN is an OFFENCE to God.
WE NEED REDEMPTION.
This work of God brings our Deliverance, from sin and its punishment.
REDEEMED – WITH WHAT?
Redeemed means set free BY MEANS OF A PRICE.
Let’s not lose sight of that.
This was not a cheap grace.
It was heavy duty.
This redemption came AT GREAT COST.
Even though IT IS FREE to you.
1 Peter 1:18-19
(18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold,from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(19) But WITH THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
A PAYMENT has been paid.
At what PRICE?
WITH the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
THE PRECIOUS BLOOD. Priceless.
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
WORTHY IS THE LAMB!
1 Corinthians 7:23
Ye are bought with a price…
Bought with a Price.
REDEEMING LOVE has paid THE FULL PRICE DUE to bring us FULL REDEMPTION.
From What? Our vain pathway to destruction.
With What? The precious blood.
And now, SO WHAT?
If we are redeemed, then WHAT THEN?
What is the result of redemption.
REDEEMED – SO WHAT?
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
(19) What, know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have from God, and ye are not your own?
(20) For ye are bought with a price: THEREFORE GLORIFY GOD IN YOUR BODY, AND IN YOUR SPIRIT, WHICH ARE GOD’S.
We are bought with a price.
It’s like the sign you see on a shop when a new owner takes over,
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT.
Ye are not your own.
You are under new management.
You have become God’s possession.
You are given…
- SET FREE from sin
- Brought into RIGHT RELATIONSHIP with God
- Given PEACE with God.
We have been redeemed and BROUGHT INTO A NEW WAY OF LIVING.
THEREFORE GLORIFY GOD…
A price has been paid.
And this payment is paid IN FULL.
You were redeemed,” “ransomed.”
Set free by means of a price.
Redeemed, FROM WHAT?
From the futile ways that are really the way of death.
Redeemed, WITH WHAT?
Not with gold or silver, but with the precious blood of Christ.
Redeemed, SO WHAT?
So now we live as God’s people, in holy fear, in faith and hope, and in sincere brotherly love.
Redemption is the theme of our song. Our worship is all about our Redeemer and His redeeming love.
WORTHY IS THE LAMB.
Some components of this web page was used: